CLEVELAND, OH – A new era of Charge basketball begins in The Land when the Cleveland Charge of the NBA G League, the top developmental league in the world and place where close to 60% of NBA players have started their careers, begin their 2021-22 season at their new home, Cleveland State University’s Wolstein Center, on Saturday, November 6th at 7:00 p.m. against the Motor City Cruise (Detroit Pistons). The team’s 2021-22 season schedule of 24 home games and 24 road games was announced today, presented by SeatGeek. The Charge will also play two neutral site games at the annual NBA G League Showcase in December (location and exact dates TBA).
The NBA G League is implementing an innovative structure for the 2021-22 season, which will include two parts (a 14-game Showcase Cup and a traditional 36-game regular season) in order to create additional excitement and increase competition.
The NBA G League season will tip-off on November 5th with the 14-game Showcase Cup featuring all 29 teams and NBA G League Ignite that will culminate at the NBA G League Winter Showcase with the Showcase Cup Championship Game.
Following the Showcase Cup, NBA G League team records will reset and starting December 27th, a traditional 36-game regular season will be played, putting each team’s total games played at 50.
ACT NOW FOR A LIMITED TIME and receive two Cleveland Charge games for the price of one! Buy the Home Opener on November 6th and receive a November or December home game for FREE! Limited time offer, expires September 17th*.
The team’s single game ticket on sale, promotional and broadcast schedules will be released in the near future.
CLEVELAND CHARGE 2021-22 SCHEDULE FACTS
- The Charge’s busiest month falls in March with 13 games, including nine at home.
- Pozzie (the team’s most popular, lovable mascot) and the Charge return to Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse on Sunday, March 6th, taking on the Long Island Nets (Brooklyn Nets) at 12:30 p.m. to kick off a double-header with the Cavaliers.
- There will be 10 weekend games played at the Wolstein Center.
- The annual School Day Game will take place on February 1st, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. against the Greensboro Swarm (Charlotte Hornets).
NBA G LEAGUE NEW SCHEDULE FORMAT FOR 2021-22
- Teams will be separated into four regional pods where they will play 12 games against one another in NBA G League markets.
- The teams with the best winning-percentage in each regional pod, as well as the four teams with the next best win-percentage across the league, will go on to play for the Showcase Cup in a single-elimination tournament at the NBA G League Winter Showcase between December 19th-22nd. The winners and runners-up will compete for a trophy and a monetary prize pool.
- The remaining G League teams who do not qualify to compete for the Showcase Cup Championship will each play an additional two games each at the Winter Showcase outside of the tournament format.
- Teams will be split into Eastern and Western conferences and 2022 playoff participation will solely be based on the records from the 36-game regular season starting December 27th and ending in early April.
- The top six teams in each conference with the best winning-percentage will earn a spot in the NBA G League Playoffs, which will have a traditional format and will finish with the NBA G League Finals presented by YouTube TV.
- NBA G League Ignite and Capitanes de la Ciudad de Mexico will not participate in the 36-game regular season.
Be part of history for the first-ever game at The Wolstein Center! Popular business and personal Charge Nation Membership packages and flexible mini-plans are also available and ensure the best seats, lowest prices and added-value benefits! Please call 216-420-2730 to speak with one of our representatives or fill out the form here for more information. Single game ticket on-sale dates, including promotional, theme and giveaway schedules will be announced later this month.
ABOUT ROCK ENTERTAINMENT GROUP:
Rock Entertainment Group is the umbrella entity of the teams and venues that are part of Dan Gilbert’s Rock Family of Companies. It includes the NBA Cleveland Cavaliers, the AHL Cleveland Monsters, the NBA G League Charge and Cavs Legion of the NBA 2K League; the operation of Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse in Cleveland, Legion Lair Lit by TCP home of Cavs Legion in Cleveland and Cleveland Clinic Courts – the Cavaliers’ training and development center in Independence, Ohio. As the unified brand platform, Rock Entertainment Group formally links multiple sports, venues, music, and content properties together to better position them collectively for collaboration, growth and new opportunities, while relentlessly creating amazing experiences for fans, teams, partners, stakeholders and thousands of staff members across the full spectrum of properties.