Check the Charge Girls out on Facebook for the latest pics, videos, tips, & more! CHARGE GIRLS FACEBOOK PAGE
Do you have what it takes to be part of the 2017-18 Charge Girls Dance Team?! We are looking for the hottest, most exciting, fun loving, talented, energetic, outgoing Canton Charge fan ever… is that you? THEN YOU COULD BE THE NEXT CHARGE GIRL! Join us Sunday, August 6th for the 2017-18 Charge Girl Auditions.
For detailed information on the workshops, audition guidelines and process, and to complete a pre-registration form, interested candidates should email TWall@Cavs.com.
- Bring a 5×7” headshot, body shot and resume (all non-returnable).
- Pre-registration is highly recommended to guarantee a reserved spot.
- All applicants must be 18 years old at the time of audition. There is no maximum age limit.
- Must be available for all rounds of the audition process. No exceptions.
- Must be available for Charge Girls training camp held in late August.
- Team members must have flexible schedules and be able to attend all scheduled Charge Girl rehearsals, games, and appearances.
- Team members must have reliable means of transportation to all rehearsals, games and appearances.
DOWNLOAD AN APPLICATION or COMPLETE THE LINK BELOW:
2017-18 Charge Girls Auditions Registration: Auditions Online Registration
Questions: Contact Toni Wall (Cavalier Girls and Charge manager) at
email TWall@Cavs.com or 216-337-5702
Highlights of Being a Charge Girl
- Be part of a first class organization and a member of one of the NBA D-League’s strongest dance teams.
- Enjoy learning fun and exciting choreography featuring Jazz, Hip-Hop, Latin, Character and various other styles.
- Donate time and talent to numerous charitable organizations and events.
- Paid rehearsals, games, appearances, and dance clinics.
- Invaluable memories and friendships with fellow teammates.
- June 24- Millennium Dance Complex Pittsburgh located at 2504 East Carson Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15203, 11-2 PM
- June 25- Quicken Loans Arena Practice Court located at 1 Center Court, Cleveland, OH 44115, 2-5 PM
- July 1- Quicken Loans Arena Practice Court located at 1 Center Court, Cleveland, OH 44115, 2-5 PM
- July 2- Quicken Loans Arena Practice Court located at 1 Center Court, Cleveland, OH 44115, 2-5 PM
- July 8- Millennium Dance Complex Pittsburgh located at 2504 East Carson Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15203, 10 AM-1 PM
- July 9- Quicken Loans Arena Practice Court located at 1 Center Court, Cleveland, OH 44115, 2-5 PM
- July 15- Berea Recreation Center located at 451 Front Street, Berea, OH 44017, 4-7 PM
- July 16- TBA
- July 22- Millennium Dance Complex Pittsburgh located at 2504 East Carson Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15203, 10 AM-1 PM
- July 23- Berea Recreation Center located at 451 Front Street, Berea, OH 44017, 4-7 PM
- July 29- Berea Recreation Center located at 451 Front Street, Berea, OH 44017, 4-7 PM
- July 30- Quicken Loans Arena Practice Court located at 1 Center Court, Cleveland, OH 44115, 2-5 PM
Quicken Loans Arena Practice Court
Parking is located in lots surrounding the Q. Please bring cash or card for parking.
Please use the East Bridge, attached to the East Garage, to enter the arena.
Berea Recreation Center
Parking is located in attached lot.
Millennium Dance Complex Pittsburgh
Parking is located in attached lot.
Why You Should Attend the Pre-Audition Workshops:
We are here to help prepare you for a chance of a lifetime! Our pre-audition workshop is a three hour workshop that focuses on what it takes to be a Charge Girl! The workshop includes a group warm-up and conditioning, across the floor jazz technique, choreographed routines, a mock audition and a question and answer session at the end of each workshop. Be the first to know what the judges will be looking for in audition candidates, get advice on the best costume option, and learn what it means to be a professional dancer and all that it entails. Again, pre-audition workshops are strongly recommended as preparation for any professional dance team, but are also perfect for anyone just looking to brush up on dance technique and skills.
- Fresh, new, and exciting choreography will be taught at every pre-audition workshop.
- Learn Charge Girls choreography similar to what will be taught at auditions.
- Select pre-audition workshop participants could be invited to bypass Round 1 of auditions.
- 100% of the current Charge Girls attended pre-audition workshops.
- Pre-Audition Workshop cost is $20 payable upon arrival.
- Class is closed for public viewing.
- Must be 18 years or older.
Round 1 Auditions
Sunday, August 6, 2017
Quicken Loans Arena, 1 Center Court, Cleveland, OH 44115
9 a.m. Registration Opens | 10 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Auditions
- We will utilize a combined audition process which includes candidates for Cavalier Girls and Canton Charge Girls.
- The first round will consist of a series of 2-3 eliminations that will include jazz technique, poms, heels, and hip-hop choreography.
- Participants will be judged on appearance, capacity to stand out in a crowd, fitness, dance ability, style, quick retention of choreography and changes, strength and completion of movement, energy, projection, and potential.
- Dance technique will be assessed.
- Ability to work with others, work ethic, and attitude will be assessed.
- Only dance or athletic shoes with non-marking bottom allowed. Please bring your own pair of heels with non-marking soles that you can dance in- these will only be worn for heel choreography.
- A two-piece outfit with flesh colored hosiery is mandatory (NO PANTS).
- First round is closed to the public, family, and friends. No guests or spectators allowed.
- All participants must be prepared to stay as late as 5 p.m. (no exceptions).
- We recommend that you bring snacks, a water bottle, a towel and items to freshen up between rounds.
- We will announce the finalists at the conclusion of day 1.
Round 2 Auditions
Monday, August 7, 2017 – Friday, August 11, 2017
Time: Monday, August 7 2017- Friday, August 11, 2017 (evening hours)
- Finalists must be available Monday, August 7, 2017 thru Friday, August 11, 2017 to attend interview sessions and mock rehearsals.